City Clerk

The City Clerk’s Office oversees a variety of legislative and record keeping processes including permits/licenses, project bids, cemetery records, City Council agendas and minutes, filing for city elections, city ordinances, public records requests, and zoning and annexation requests. Our full municipal code can be viewed here.

Business License

If you are planning to open a business or conduct business within city limits, either on a one-time, temporary, or permanent basis, you will need to obtain a City Business License or a Transient Vendor License through the City Clerk’s Office.

Business Licenses are issued on an annual basis and are valid from March 1 through the end of February the following year. Applications submitted mid-year will be charged a pro-rated fee and will expire on the last day of February.

2023 New Business License Application

2023 Renewal Business License Application

Change of Business Information

Transient Vendor Application

Liquor License

Liquor License

Any person wishing to establish a business within the Fulton city limits where intoxicating liquor will be sold must obtain a liquor license from the City Clerk’s Office. Liquor licenses expire July 1 of each year.

New licensees will be charged an initial investigation fee. Fees for new and renewed licenses are based on the type of intoxicating liquor sold and whether it be packaged liquor or liquor by the drink. There is an additional fee charged for Sunday sales.

Liquor License Application

Alcohol/Noise Permit

Alcohol Permit

Alcohol permits are issued by the City Clerk’s Office and are required for possession of alcoholic beverages in city parks and recreational areas.

Permits may not be issued for a period of more than 18 hours during any calendar day. Permits may not be issued for more than four consecutive days.

Alcohol Permit Application

Noise Permit

Noise permits are issued by the City Clerk’s Office and are required for the outdoor use of amplified sound within the city limits of Fulton.

Noise Permit Application

Parks – Permits are required for the use of amplified sound at any of the city parks’ rented facilities.

Residence – Permits are required for the outdoor use of amplified sound at any residence address when the resident is hosting a function such as a block party, wedding receptions, graduation party, birthday party, etc.

College Campus – Permits are required for the outdoor use of amplified sound at college functions (not required for athletic events). Permits for college functions are only issued with written permission from the college.

Sound Truck – Any sound truck.

Cemetery Fees

The City of Fulton maintains three cemeteries – Hillcrest, Pioneer, and Southside. Plots are currently available at all except Pioneer.

Grave Space$500
1/2 Grave Space
(sold in lower portion of Hillcrest Block 7 only)
Cremation Opening/Closing$200
Carpet and Chair Rental (6)$50
Grave openings are contracted by Twillman Construction, LLC.

Kathie Ratliff, City Clerk 
(573) 592-3111

Kathie came to the City in November 2022 after more than a decade with the Callaway County Clerk’s Office. She’s responsible for City record management, records requests, city elections, and scheduling, compiling agendas and taking minutes for City Council meetings.

“One of the duties in my job is to administer the oath-of-office to our new police officers. I love doing that. It’s truly an honor.”

Doris Stone, Deputy City Clerk
(573) 592-3111